Mindfulness & Existential Approach
Developing awareness and insights, taking control
My mission is to help individuals to establish a balanced, meaningful and holistic lifestyle. In my work, I employ techniques from mindfulness-based cognitive (MCBT) practices, psychoanalytical & existential approaches incorporating art and play therapy.
Children (primary schools and day care centres)
- Explore and maintain client’s emotional and social well-being.
- Employ art and play therapy activities.
- Conduct social skills and group therapy workshops.
- Psychoeducation values such as respect, care, and friendship through storybooks and art therapy.
Adolescents & Young adults
- Apply systemic desensitization, relaxation and deep breathing therapy with music, visualisation, rock balancing for anger management.
- Conduct activities to help strengthen attention and focus through deep breathing.
- Use reflective and Socratic questioning to analysis consequences for behavioural situations.
- Use of inspirational quotes to develop awareness and create insights.
- Conduct personal development workshops.
Elderly residents in a nursing home
- Use reminisce therapy to recollect memories.
- Apply art therapy as a form of expressing feelings and thoughts.
- Practice relaxation exercises to manage stress, anger and sleep better.
- Use self-help books for clients to gain insights and self-awareness.