My name is Andy Sim Shiang Hann. Hann (瀚) is the last character of my Chinese name which means vast and boundless. As a counsellor and psychotherapist, my purpose is to help individuals find their path and lead a fulfilling life.
I’m an experienced professional who offers counselling and psychotherapy services. Whether it’s your career, your relationships and lifestyle, I’ll help you develop the habits and skills, gain insights and awareness to effectively deal with the challenges and emotional moments you may encounter in life.
I embrace the principles of person-centred theory by being non-judgmental, accepting (unconditional positive regard) and having an empathic understanding. In my sessions, I assist and guide clients to gain insights and awareness of their issues. I often view myself as a companion with my clients on their journey through difficult times.
I am currently an associate member of the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS) and a provisional clinical member of the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC).
“The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination”
— Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- MA (Counselling and Guidance), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, recognised by SAC.
- GDip (Psychology), Monash University, Australia, accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
- B.Eng, (NTU), Singapore.
- Social Service Institute, Singapore.
- Certificate in “Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)”
- Certificate in “Supporting Clients in their Trauma Recovery”
- Certificate in “Understanding and Supporting People in Journey Grief and Loss
- John Hopkins University on Coursera Inc (Online Learning Platform) Course Certificate
- Psychological First Aid
- National University of Singapore
Department of Social Work, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Certificate of Participation
- Fundamentals of Gestalt Therapy with Children and Adolescents
Community and Volunteer Experience
- Volunteer as Victim Care Officer, Singapore Police Force (April 2021 – present)
- Volunteer as Appropriate Adult for young suspect, Singapore Children Society (2018 to present)
- Volunteer as online counselling support for National Care Hotline, Ministry of Social and Family Development (May 2020 to Jan 2021)