My name is Andy Sim S. Hann. Hann (瀚) is the last character of my Chinese name which means vast and boundless. As a counsellor and psychotherapist, my purpose is to help individuals find their path and lead a fulfilling life.
I’m an experienced professional who offers counselling and psychotherapy services. Whether it’s your career, your relationships and lifestyle, I’ll help you develop the habits and skills, gain insights and awareness to effectively deal with the challenges and emotional moments you may encounter in life.
I embrace the principles of person-centred theory by being non-judgmental, accepting (unconditional positive regard) and having an empathic understanding. In my sessions, I assist and guide clients to gain insights and awareness of their issues. I often view myself as a companion with my clients on their journey through difficult times.
“The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination”
— Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Master of Arts (Counselling and Guidance), National Institute of Education (NIE), part of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
- course recognised by the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC).
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, Monash University, Australia.
- course accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
- Social Service Institute, Singapore.
- Certificate in “Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)”
- Certificate in “Supporting Clients in their Trauma Recovery”
- Certificate in “Understanding and Supporting People in Journey Grief and Loss”
- 6th Singapore Mental Health Conference. Institute of Mental Health, Singapore, 8 – 9 September 2017. — attending
- 1st Grief and Bereavement Conference. Singapore Hospice Council, Singapore, 31 Oct to 1 November 2018. — volunteering
- 2nd International Conference on Well-being ICWB. Singapore University of Social Sciences, School of Humanities & Behavioural Sciences, Singapore, 01-02 November 2018. — poster presentation
- 4th International Conference On Counselling, Psychotherapy ICCP2019. Christ University & Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) (University of Toronto), Bengaluru, India, 03-06 January 2019. — paper presentation
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand by Megan Devine
- I Thought We’d Never Speak Again: The Road from Estrangement to Reconciliation by Laura Davis
- Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing: A Creative Path to Awareness
First, We Make the Beast Beautiful: A New Story about AnxietyBook by Sarah Wilson